Role of the Club Secretary
The efficiency of the club will greatly depend on the efficiency of the secretary to carry out his/her duties. The Secretary is the mediator between Club Committee and everybody else. All of the written communication that the club receives will go to the Club Secretary. To ensure optimal efficiency, appropriate measures should be put in place to deal with this communication.
- First point of contact for all enquiries
- Organising meetings
- Taking and distributing minutes
- Dealing with correspondence.
- Record date of incoming mail
- Deal with correspondence promptly
- To make life easier, create some standard letters that can be re-used with just changes of dates, names,
- Keep notes of important telephone conversations.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Be able to delegate tasks
- Be able to work to timescales
- Be able to maintain confidentiality