Athletics Ireland are delighted to announce the inaugural Support Coach and Competition programme in the National Indoor Arena.
A unique blend of Coaching and Competition at the same time in the National Indoor Arena.
It is designed to provide an opportunity for Club coaches to work alongside experts across a number of events.
We will also provide an element of competition(electronic Timing) to your Athletes in a relaxed environment at the end of the session in comfort of the arena.
Club coaches are an integral part of our sport and we are here to support you.
The vast majority of past and current International athletes started out with a club coach just like you.
Maybe you have basic or very little training and yet you are coaching children in your club across a number of events for example Shot putt / LJ / HJ / Jav / Sprints / Hurdles and you doubt your knowledge at times.
That’s no problem help is here.
- Is to upskill club coaches so that they feel supported and can more confidently work with their own athletes.
- We would also like you to bring back the knowledge and to share with other individuals in the club.
The experience & expertise of the Support Coaches in each event on the day will be available to the Club coaches.
We want to create an environment where coaches can support each other.
The Club Coaches will be able to Coach the Athletes on the arena floor during the Competition.
The Cost: €75
Each Coaching Ticket includes:
- 3 Coaching days National Indoor Arena : 27th Nov /18th Dec/ 29th Jan @ 10am -1pm (10.00-11.30 Support Coach 11.30-13.00 Competition)
- Option to bring 5 Club athletes to the Competition.
- Event specific resources will be identified and made available to club coaches.
- The Ticket is transferable
- The athletes must be a minimum 12 years of age (Post Primary school going) and a maximum of 16 years of age and ideally have some or a little experience of the events on the day.
- Athletes will participate in 2 (or more) events and benefit from the expertise of the experienced Support Coaches.
- A Club can send as many coaches as they like but there will be a limit of a total of 50 Club coaches per session – so 1st come 1st served.
- If a Coach is unable to do all three days another coach can avail of the session (ie the Coaching Ticket is transferable).
- Different athletes can come along each day or the same 5 each day.
- Day 1 27/11/2021 60mtrs /High Jump Coaching & Competition
- Day 2 18/12/2021 60 hurdles/Long Jump Coaching & Competition
- Day 3 29/1/2021 800/TJ/ Javelin Coaching & Competition
- -10am-11.30am Coaching the Club Coaches
- -11.30-1.00pm Competition-Electronic Timing (Coaches/Parents/Athletes)